It was my first time using Istanbul Ataturk Airport (IST) as a transferring passenger and but my flight to Helsinki to Baku has a stop about 1.5 hours in Istanbul. So I managed at 5:20 am to Haydar Aliyev Airport (GYD) and switch to my hotel. Continue reading
After reaching to Helsinki, sleeping on 3 complete empty seats lied down by luck (I left my emergency seat for this reason), I made a small city tour and reached the meeting place (in front of Presidential residence – intentionally mentioned this because it is the real residential palace of Finland President with non-moving soldiers in front of the building) and met with Frits Hoogland and Patrick Barel. Speakers dinner is very well organised on a ancient trade wooden boat and sailing with the power of the wind (rarely with engine when we are behind the schedule) and we were all sailor-man (in real). In spite of sun, it was about 4-5C and some of us was downstairs in order not to get cold because of freezing wind. Please click pictures to enlarge. Continue reading
I will be travelling to start OTN EMEA Tour early in tomorrow morning (16th May – Tuesday). Initial thanks goes to Oracle ACE Program and Oracle Technology Network for supporting me to be a part of this event and share my expertise & experience with Oracle users groups that are
My appearances will be as follows;
- Helsinki, OUGF, Harmony 2017 (Speakers, Agenda)
- 17th May -9:00 am: Is Data Warehouse Dying? (A big thanks to Pasi Jaakola and Susa Schloutz for adding me as opening keynote speaker. I am either flattered, or get more nervous with this brilliant opportunity, don’t miss that session).
- 18th May – 2:00 pm: Helsinki, OUGF, Harmony 2017, Is Data Warehouse Dying? Speakers, Agenda
- Baku, AzOUG
- 20th May: EDQ, OGG and ODI over Exadata in the Cloud for Perfection
- 20th May: Is Data Warehousing dying?
- Ljubljana, SIOUG (Agenda)
- 23rd May – 09:50 am: Is Data Warehousing dying?
- 23rd May – 1:30 pm: How to solve complex business requirements with Oracle Data Integrator?
- Düsseldorf, DOAG (Speakers, Agenda)
- 30th May – 10:15 am: Best Practices with ODI : Flexibility
- 30th May – 11:15 am: Is Data Warehousing dying?
Again, early flights, being away from home and many potential issues are waiting for me. But, serving back to community… Priceless.!
Initial thanks to Oracle Technology Network and Oracle ACE Program for making us connect with Oracle community. And to Tim Hall (A.K.A. oracle-base) for setting all of us up for sharing some content with Oracle Community. So let’s start sharing my content. Click #ThanksOTN for all the tweets across OTN Appreciation Day.
I intentionally named the post name as -2, it is because Oracle Open World will start 2 days later (not counting Saturday, 17th September). Although it looks all the same, each year has it’s own differences in scope and detail. So let’s start sharing the story. Continue reading
AMIS (Aero Management Information Management System) is celebrating its 25 glorious years and that was why venue is intentionally picked as an airport hangar near Katwijk. I’d like to thank to initially to Oracle ACE Program for letting this happen, then biggest thanks to Lucas Jelemma and also everybody involved in conference (speacial credits to Saskia van der Maat and Lianne Verhoeven for taking care of all the speakers)
I was able to visit city of Amsterdam twice, on 31st of May (when I touched down) and 4th of June (the day after the AMIS25 conference). It is a lovely city with full of attractions, sightseeing, shopping and lots more. Here are some selection of my photos that I’ve taken during my long (long, because I had 22k steps in the first and 22.3k steps in my second tour) walking tours. Continue reading