Call for papers is on for Turkish Oracle Users Group Spring 2016 conference. We (as TROUG) are preparing annual and SIG events since 2011, but this one is very special for us. This year, we are welcoming not only the Turkish, but also the English speakers to our conference (this is why this post is in English). This is our first time for not only accepting Turkish & English speakers, but also moving the conference location from Istanbul to Kusadasi (a fabulous summer place with historical amenities, bring your swimwear), and also conference will be held in Richmond Ephesus Resort Hotel and also there will be 3 parallel sessions at the same time and also conference will be for 2 days. Lots of surprises are awaiting you this year. Continue reading
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 24,000 times in 2015. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 9 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
As we are in the last days of 2015, I would like to review my 2015 at a glance.
- Year started early with OTN Yathra Tour 2015 with all 2 sessions at Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad and Bangalore starting from 19th February till 25th February. Remarkable point is that it was snowing heavily in Turkey and sunny weather in India. Thanks to Sai Janakiram for everything.
- Oracle User Group Norway (OUGN) in Oslo, Norway at 12th and 13th March 2015 with 2 sessions. My first time in OUGN and luckily boat was great with no waves and swings at all. Thanks to
Øyvind Isene for all his effort.
- Ireland Oracle User Group (OUG_Ire) in Dublin, Ireland at 19th March 2015 with 2 sessions. Ireland means good beer and “proper” Irish Pubs. Thanks to Brendan Tierney and UKOUG for setting everything up although Brendan was heavily ill.
- Turkish Oracle User Group (TROUG) at Halic University Bilisim Gunleri in Istanbul at 16th April 2015. I always want to go to universities and share my expertise with the young generation.
- Oracle Open World 2015, San Francisco, California at 25th September 2015 and 29th September 2015. Thanks to Debra Lilley (for adding me into UGF3190) and Oracle Data Integration team for letting me speak once again. This was my 6th time in Oracle Open World and 6 of 6 I had the speaker ribbon.
- Bulgarian Oracle User Group (BGOUG) Fall 2015 Conference in Pravets, Bulgaria at 20th and 21st November 2015 with 3 sessions. Thanks to Milena Gerova for all the efforts she made and it was a fantastic conference.
- Recorded a 2 Minute Tech Tip – Let ODI Learn From You with Bob Rhubart (OTN ArchBeat) at 14th September 2015.
- Recorded Oracle Developer Choice (DEVVY) Judge by OTN Database Community at 3rd November 2015 with Laura Ramsey during the Oracle Open World 2015.
- Recorded another 2 Minute Tech Tip OWB 2 ODI Migration by OTNArchBeat with Bob Rhubart (OTN ArchBeat) at 12th November 2015 during the Oracle Open World 2015.
The day started early, woke up at 4am, because of having 7:50am flight to Sofia. Landed at 9am and moved to Technologica to leave my luggages (the first speaker to arrive for the conference) and started a short city tour.
Sofia has a small city centre, you can visit most important places in less than 2 hours of time. Here are some city shots for my short walking tour. Continue reading
To be honest, it is really hard to be a judge. You need to check every detail, you need to be very careful when you are voting for the finalists. Also, it is so great to see the outcome.
It is an honour to be the nominator of Emrah Mete (his LinkedIn and Twitter accounts), who is one of the DEVVY winner in SQL category. And he had the most votes of all the categories and clear the leader in SQL category. Thanks to all community members of TROUG and everybody who voted.
During the Oracle Open World 2015, Bob Rhubart (OTNArchBeat) recorded me a #2MTT (2 minute tech tip) and I talked about the “secret sauce” how to migrate from OWB (Oracle Warehouse Builder) to ODI (Oracle Data Integrator). To see the slides click my SlideShare account.
Congratulations Emrah for this high achievement. We (as Turkish Oracle Community) are proud of you. You set the bar too high because of having most votes compared in all the categories, just like Steven mentioned in awards ceremony. :-)
It was my pleasure to nominate you and seeing the result honoured me more.
I nominated for Oracle Database Developement Choice Awards from Turkey approximately five months ago. Then I learnt to be a finalist from Oracle Technology Network on 15th October. Then voting started to determine winners for each category. I finished voting at first place thanks to Turkish community supports.
Winners were announced by Oracle at San Francisco (Oracle Open World 2015, YesSQLCelebration) last week. I was to be there and I took this award from Steven Feuerstein and Andy Mendelsohn(Executive Vice President @Oracle). As I said in Awards ceremony in San Francisco, I am so honered to be a winners and I would like to express my gratitude to all communities who supports me (Especially TROUG ve TurkeyJUG). Hopefully, more awards like this come to our country and we may have the chance to show our capabilities all aorund the world.