As we are in the last days of 2015, I would like to review my 2015 at a glance.
- Year started early with OTN Yathra Tour 2015 with all 2 sessions at Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad and Bangalore starting from 19th February till 25th February. Remarkable point is that it was snowing heavily in Turkey and sunny weather in India. Thanks to Sai Janakiram for everything.
- Oracle User Group Norway (OUGN) in Oslo, Norway at 12th and 13th March 2015 with 2 sessions. My first time in OUGN and luckily boat was great with no waves and swings at all. Thanks to
Øyvind Isene for all his effort.
- Ireland Oracle User Group (OUG_Ire) in Dublin, Ireland at 19th March 2015 with 2 sessions. Ireland means good beer and “proper” Irish Pubs. Thanks to Brendan Tierney and UKOUG for setting everything up although Brendan was heavily ill.
- Turkish Oracle User Group (TROUG) at Halic University Bilisim Gunleri in Istanbul at 16th April 2015. I always want to go to universities and share my expertise with the young generation.
- Oracle Open World 2015, San Francisco, California at 25th September 2015 and 29th September 2015. Thanks to Debra Lilley (for adding me into UGF3190) and Oracle Data Integration team for letting me speak once again. This was my 6th time in Oracle Open World and 6 of 6 I had the speaker ribbon.
- Bulgarian Oracle User Group (BGOUG) Fall 2015 Conference in Pravets, Bulgaria at 20th and 21st November 2015 with 3 sessions. Thanks to Milena Gerova for all the efforts she made and it was a fantastic conference.
- Recorded a 2 Minute Tech Tip – Let ODI Learn From You with Bob Rhubart (OTN ArchBeat) at 14th September 2015.
- Recorded Oracle Developer Choice (DEVVY) Judge by OTN Database Community at 3rd November 2015 with Laura Ramsey during the Oracle Open World 2015.
- Recorded another 2 Minute Tech Tip OWB 2 ODI Migration by OTNArchBeat with Bob Rhubart (OTN ArchBeat) at 12th November 2015 during the Oracle Open World 2015.
- I signed with Deloitte Turkey and started as “Senior Manager” in Deloitte Consulting company and leading the Information Management practice. I started to wear business suit first time in my life, that’s why you start seeing me in a suit in my videos, profile pictures and else. It is been called “the new Gurcan”. 🙂
- I proudly nominated Emrah Mete for Oracle Database Developer Choice Awards in SQL category. As Steven Feuerstein said during the YesSQL! Celebration, he got the most votes among the all categories. Congratulations Emrah, congratulations Turkish Oracle Community.
- I was one of the judges in PL/SQL category for Oracle Database Developer Choice Awards and you can’t imagine how hard it can be. As said in my video, it is a very tough job to do.
- I needed to cancel ODTUG KScope 2015 conference because I was in notice period in my previous company, Wipro.
- Another remarkable (this one is bad) point is, I attended Oracle Open World 6 times with 5 different companies, it is a real shame when I put my badges together and all the badges have different company names. I need to clear this bad record. 🙂
- Proudly, I was one of the ACE Director nominators of Osama Mustafa and Deiby Gomez. Well done to both of you and you both deserve this precious title.
- I met many old friends and made new ones as well. Lots of names on my mind, so apologies if I missed yours (links to their Twitter handles).
- Osama Mustafa (good company in the conferences, except makes you wait a bit!)
- Heli Helskyaho (she was there in all the Oracle related conferences in the globe :-))
- Jonathan Lewis (the best keynote ever in BGOUG)
- Brendan Tierney (Mr. Sexy data scientist)
- Martin Widlake (no more talks / mentions about his attitude & height)
- Bryn Llewellyn (plays with words really good in English)
- Emrah Mete (congratulations again and again, but keep on going)
- Steven Feuerstein (such a great man without any ego)
- Kent Graziano (good luck with your new adventure at SnowFlake)
- OTN ArchBeat (thanks for all the podcasts, videos and #2MTTs)
- Laura Ramsey (we’ll provide more for the community in 2016)
- Connor McDonald (K.I.S.S., Ask Me not Tom, Mr. video guy).
- Debra Lilley (lovely British English accent)
- Tim Hall (this is completely British thing)
- Alex Nuijten (I promise I’ll never touch your glasses again)
- Roel Hartman (Mr. APEX)
- Gwen Shapira (our submission should be selected, #TeamRejectedByOracleOpenWorld)
- Monty Latiolais (it is always nice to see you my friend)
- Chet Justice (no, no, how can your name is added to this list???)
- Bobby Curtis (Mr. OGG Man)
- Fritz Hoogland (we need to play table tennis, somewhere, sometime)
- Kellyn Gorman (no more Pot’Vin)
- Glenn Schwartzberg (thanks for real “hot” spice)
- Sarah Craynon Zumbrum (Mrs. ACE Director – she’s so unique)
- Rene Antunez (it is great to see you as always)
- Jeff Smith (I love intersecting with him over Twitter)
- Tanel Poder (good luck with Gluent Inc.)
- Julian Dontcheff (very good friend with no competitions of our companies)
- Zekeriya Besiroglu (Mr. Big Data and Cloud)
- Gokhan Atil (good tweets, summary of Oracle news daily)
- Tom Kyte (we’ll all miss you Tom)
- Jan Karremans (#orclconf)
- Jeff Pollock (he is the great man)
- Oracle Data Integration Team (this is the great team – Julien Testut, Irem Radzik, Issam Hijazi, Sandrine Riley, Alex Kotopoulis, Madhu Nair, Christophe Dupupet, David Allan and others)
- and of course Oracle Technology Network and Oracle ACE Program.
It was a great 2015, but I’m sure it will be a better 2016. Happy new year.